This Blog has been Created to Review Anything Online, as the Title Suggests. In This Blog You Will Find Great Reviews. Reviews Can Pertain to Web Sites, Products, Companies, Persons, Places, Countries, almost anything. You Name it.

Review Anything Online

Welcome to My Blog "Review Anything Online". Review Anything. If You Want Me to Review Anything You Like on This Blog, Please Let Me Know. Enjoy

Thursday, May 17, 2007

For Sale Signs as a Form of Advertising

I have seen many people hanging in “For Sale” signs in their cars, houses, furniture and almost anything. I wonder how effective it is than classified advertising like newspaper advertising, online advertising and advertising through an advertising agency.

So far I have not come across any research study which compares “For Sale” signs with other forms of advertising. But I feel that it may not be such a great form of advertising. Because I have also tried this way myself and I did not get much positive results.

In fact I could never sell anything by hanging “For Sale” signs. I tried many times. I placed these signs in front of my houses, on sidewalks etc. I also hanged “For Sale” posters at malls, polls, bill boards etc. I got very little results.

After indulging in this form of direct selling for about one year, I switched over to printed and online advertising. This way I got much better results.

When I was doing direct advertising, I was of the impression that I was not spending any money except my efforts, time and a little gas. But when I tried printed advertising for the first time at about $29, I got much better results. I got sales.

Immediately I realized how foolishly I was wasting so much of time going to malls, coin laundries, billboards etc. and vying for a little spot for my “For Sale” sheet.

After I switched to printed advertising, I got so much of relief. I just had to call the advertising agency and my ads immediately started getting response on publishing. I never went back to “for sale” advertising afterwards. I saved a lot of my time, headache, stress and money.

But now I have gone to online advertising. I have found out that if you provide a deal, you will immediately get responses. I only do online advertising now and I spend no money. World has come a long way and is moving to new directions. Bon voyage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Great Money Making Titles