This Blog has been Created to Review Anything Online, as the Title Suggests. In This Blog You Will Find Great Reviews. Reviews Can Pertain to Web Sites, Products, Companies, Persons, Places, Countries, almost anything. You Name it.

Review Anything Online

Welcome to My Blog "Review Anything Online". Review Anything. If You Want Me to Review Anything You Like on This Blog, Please Let Me Know. Enjoy

Saturday, June 30, 2007

An Overview of Gmail - A Comparison With Other Email Services

Google Gmail is a great service. With about 2.7 GB of storage and 20 MB of transmission at a time, I think this is the best facility available at this time.

Earlier, one could open an account by invitation only. Now it is open and anyone can have a Gmail account.

Gmail is free and loaded with many other features. Most important of these are the accessibility of Google Adsense and Google Adwords from the same account.

Greater storage and ad free interface make it superior to many other free email services.

However, I have noticed a few problems with Google Gmail.

At present I am using Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail. I have been the longest user of Hotmail. I think I never had any problems with Hotmail.

As compared to Hotmail, Gmail remained inaccessible to me many a times. I got the message that there were technical difficulties. Of course the service was restored after a few hours or overnight, but when I needed to see email, it was not accessible. I really felt bad at those times.

One major problem with Gmail is that it bundles all emails from the same email address together. Many times it becomes hard to find the latest email or to find some particular email. One has to go through all the emails and many times it is confusing.

I also lost my emails many times. When having emailed something, the other party reportedly did not receive it. I tested it by sending email from my Hotmail. I found out that at times it did not receive my email. I don't know who is at fault. I suspect Gmail.

I am not sure how long I can use this service, but the jumbling of emails is one major problem with me at present. Hope Google modifies and makes it easier.


No comments:

Great Money Making Titles