This Blog has been Created to Review Anything Online, as the Title Suggests. In This Blog You Will Find Great Reviews. Reviews Can Pertain to Web Sites, Products, Companies, Persons, Places, Countries, almost anything. You Name it.

Review Anything Online

Welcome to My Blog "Review Anything Online". Review Anything. If You Want Me to Review Anything You Like on This Blog, Please Let Me Know. Enjoy

Monday, April 23, 2007

ChaCha Web Site

I had a very bad experience with ChaCha.com web site recently. I happened to work on one of the MTURK HITs. This HIT related to ChaCha search engine and searches on it. One of the tasks in this HIT was to set ChaCha.com as my Home Page. I never had any trouble with setting or deselecting a Home Page. For this, I simply go to the Tools menu of the Internet Explorer and change the Home Page, as desired.

But this time, it was different. As per the requirements of the HIT, I changed my Home Page to ChaCha.com. Now after three days, I tried to change My Home page to something else.

No way. I tried and tried through Tools Menu and through Control Panel. My home Page did not change and it reverted back to ChaCha.com. I felt disgusted. How could this happen with a new search engine which now seems to be getting some respectability.

Obviously my computer had been attacked with some irremovable vicious software. The clear intention was to keep me stuck with Cha-Cha search engine permanently.

I tried MSCONFIG and disabled all the startup programs. No luck. Then I uninstalled Internet Explorer 7 from the computer and reverted back to an older version of the IE. I ran anti virus programs. Same problem. It was frustrating and I wasted many hours.

After constant trial, I could change the Home Page. This I did through a clean boot of my computer, using System Configuration Utility.

No comments:

Great Money Making Titles